What is Microblading?
Microblading is a form of semi-permanent cosmetic tattooing where a small needle is used to implant color pigment beneath the surface of the skin in the form of hair strokes. My process typically takes between 2-3 hours.
Does it Hurt?
I use high quality numbing topical cream before the procedure to make sure my clients are as comfortable as possible. Slight discomfort is normal and can be compared to the feeling of scratching a sunburn or plucking hairs. Everyone's pain tolerance varies, but if it hurt too bad people probably wouldn't be doing it!
Is it vegan?
Yes! My entire process is vegan-friendly, including the aftercare products you will be sent home with! Having a totally vegan process is VERY important to me and it will always stay that way.
How long does it last?
Typically, microblading can last anywhere from 1 to 5 years depending on your skin type/ sun exposure/ skincare routine/ and how well you take care of your brows while they are healing. If you have extremely oily skin you have a big chance of losing a lot of pigment during your healing process and will almost always require multiple sessions. Touch-ups are very common and most people will need to come in for at least two sessions of microblading to get the desired results. Because everyone has such different skin types and healing results, final results can never be guaranteed.
How do I take care of my fresh brows?
You will be sent home with a very detailed aftercare instructional guide after your procedure. Please read through it very thoroughly and do not stray from the instructions. I will also verbally walk you through the aftercare instructions at the end of your appointment. Feel free to email me with any questions about your healing process after your appointment! Aftercare is a very important part of the process and should be taken very seriously!
How can I make my cosmetic tattoos last longer?
- Switch to a daily moisturizer with SPF, sun damage is one of the main causes of pigment loss/dulling. Just like regular tattoos, you want to keep your brows out of direct sunlight as much as possible in order to preserve their color.
- Avoid using products with anti-aging properties on your microbladed brows. These products cause cellular turnover and can shorten the life of your brows.
- Aftercare is the first step to ensuring your brows last as long as possible, make sure you follow all of the instructions you are given during your appointment!
How soon can I schedule my touch-up?
You should schedule a touch-up NO SOONER THAN 6 WEEKS AFTER your initial session. You will not see your final results until that point because your brows are still in the healing process.
Restrictions (very important)
- If you are pregnant or nursing
- If you have been on Accutane within the last 12 months
- If you come in with a sunburn or rash on your face
- If you have taken blood thinners/medication that thins your blood within the last 48 hours
- If you are under the age of 18
- It is your responsibility to let me know of any allergies you might have ahead of time
How do I set up an appointment?
Please see my "book now" section to make an appointment! Be prepared to send me clear pictures of your brows with no makeup on and a short description of how you would like to improve your brows. If you have any reference pictures of brows that you like, please have them ready at your appointment. I require a non-refundable $100 deposit to hold your spot in my books. At your appointment, cash is the preferred method of payment, any card transactions require a 5% processing fee.
Where are you located?
I am currently located at Art Realm Tattoo in Austin, Texas. I take clients by appointment only, no walk-ins.
Can you work on previously tattooed brows?
I take on cover-up work on a case by case basis. I would just need to see a clear picture of your brows in order to make my decision.It is very important to make sure you let me know that you have had previous cosmetic tattoo work in the first booking email you send me.
How should I prepare for my appointment?
- Come in with a clean face, no make-up
- You must have a form of ID with you (Drivers license or passport)
- Do not come in with a sunburn or rash on your face
- Bring reference pictures if you have them
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol for 48 hours before your appointment
- Cash is the preferred method of payment, cards require a 5% processing fee
- I am located at Art Realm Tattoo in Austin, TX
- If you are more than 30 minutes late your deposit will be forfeited and your appointment will need to be rescheduled with a new deposit
- If you do not show up for your appointment, your deposit will be forfeited and I will not allow you to schedule another one